Sunday, January 16, 2011

The School's Rondalla

       Rondalla is an ensemble playing six basic stringed instruments: banduria, picollo, octavina, laud, guitar and bass guitar. Some native groups invented musical instruments for merrymaking, work, courtship, religion and more. The rondalla is inherently Filipino in terms of development and orchetration whom originated mainly from the Spaniards. Usually medley songs are played in fiestas and local celebrations. Nowadays, schools formed its group of students whom love for music is its passion. 

      West City Central School's Rondalla coordinated by Ms. Urbina Toledo  and its trainor Mr. Michael Auxillo.  This composed of children from different grade levels. Exposures in school programs, TV guesting, Mall programs and shows gave life to the group as they flourish to become competent in the field of music.



5 comments:

  1. Awww ang galing naman nila, thanks for dopping by Jen. Now following you too. mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! I love the pictures and I had never heard of a Rondalla :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a rondalla member. I played oktobina. lol.

    I just followed you. Follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am no good at any musical instrument, I guess, hilig hilig lang yan di ba? I love to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw a rondalla from pardo school too.. it was cool

    ReplyDelete